The 13th ACM Multimedia Systems Conference MMSys’22
14th – 17th June 2022 | Athlone, Ireland.
The ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys) provides a forum for researchers to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems is regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating systems, real-time systems, databases, mobile computing, distributed systems, computer vision, and middleware communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types.
This year, MMSys hosted around 150 on-site participants from academia and industry. Five ATHENA members traveled to Athlone, Ireland, to present four papers by Reza Farahani, Babak Taraghi, and Vignesh V Menon in two tracks, i.e., Open Dataset & Software Track and Demo & Industry Track.
- Multi-Codec Ultra High Definition 8K MPEG-DASH Dataset
- VCD: Video Complexity Dataset
- VCA: Video Complexity Analyzer
- Towards Low Latency Live Streaming: Challenges in a Real-World Deployment
Moreover, two presentations in Mentoring & Postdoc Networking event by ATHENA postdocs:
- Hadi Amirpour, “Video Encoding Optimization for Live Video Streaming” (pdf)
- Farzad Tashtarian, “QoE Optimization in Live Streaming” (pdf)